We have all experienced meaningful moments in our lives that have transformed us. Although each of these stories is unique to us, the impact and lessons we learn are often universal. That is why story creates connection and builds relationships. Sharing these stories gives us the opportunity to not only support ourselves through these experiences, but also support others who are going through their own individual journey. The key message here is, we are not alone.
When we write or digitally document our stories, we can do this for ourselves, and no one else ever needs to see them – there is healing in that process. We can also choose to share these stories with others. It takes courage to tell a story because it requires vulnerability in that we are opening a window into our deepest selves for other people to look into. It also takes courage to listen to someone’s story because it opens us up to feeling the emotions and experiencing the vulnerability that comes with connecting to that story through the lens of our own experience.
In this episode:
- Recap: Who are we and what is Leading Through Stories? (Intro).
- Question of the Day: Digital Storytelling – what resonated with you? (4:23).
- Kristy’s book: Tell Your Story Through Photography (7:26).
- Strategies for getting through challenging days (9:57).
- Telling your story (15:38).
- What is a meaningful or transformative moment in your life? (16:30).
- Exciting things coming up (18:42).
- Open for conversation – community chat (23:11)
Connect with Us
To learn more about Digital Storytelling or Kristy’s course offerings explore her website.
Find us on Instagram @leadingthroughstories.
Click here to make sure you are getting our emails and links to our live events!