This week the assignment was to continue to experiment with different lighting situations by using backlighting. My goal was to create a properly exposed shot of Maverick smiling in front of our front window, rather than a silhouette. So I had to make sure to meter for Maverick rather than the window.
This was shot in manual mode on my D700 with a 35mm 1.4 lens. My settings were ISO 800, f/2.8, 1/160 sec. I did a little post processing to lighten up his face.
I didn’t quite get his smile, but I got some cute shots regardless. This last one tells me he was done.
Click on the link to see how Jude from my blog circle incorporated backlighting.